John Holden – Kintsugi (Blue Vinyl)
This is a Plane Groovy Release.
Released in a run of just 200 copies on 140g blue vinyl, the new album from John Holden is Plane Groovy’s longest single LP release. It contains both a poster and a lyric booklet.
British multi-instrumentalist John Holden is back with his fourth album. This one is already being praised by many to be his best so far.
‘Kintsugi is the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with gold’. As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of an object, not only is there no attempt to hide the damage, but the repair is literally illuminated’
'Events in our life shape who we are. Kintsugi teaches us that when we think we are broken, we can pick up the pieces and with help, put them back together sometimes becoming stronger as a result. We can learn to embrace the flaws and with time and healing, be spiritually repaired’.
Kintsugi features contributions from an array of Prog luminaries:
- Iain Hornal, Peter Jones, Sally Minnear and That Joe Payne - vocals
- Henry Rogers - drums
- Vikram Shankar - keyboards
- Dave Bainbridge, Michel St Pere – guitar
- Frank Van Essen – violin, drums
- Jean Pageau – flute
- ‘I really enjoyed making this album, I feel it reflects my interest in a wide variety of subjects delivered via a rich musical palette. It has some unique soundscapes and instrumentation. When I start writing new material, the only criteria I have is that it must surprise and entertain me. I hope that feeling of exploration is conveyed to the listener.’
- Ringing The Changes
- Flying Train
- Against The Tide
- Peggy's Cove
- Building Heaven
Artist: John Holden
Release Date: December 16, 2022